Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day 9 shaking campers and RVs.

It was a long night by the camp fire but what a beautiful night. Iam all hooked up now and ready to go on our new adventure. I would like to get to Cap Lookout S.P. as soon as I can . I am hoping to pick out two good camp sites. The day has gone by petty fast so far. I need to get some rest before tonight. I don't know what time they will get in. Must be around noon now I see a large Monaco Motor Home pulling in. Well it is Big Foot Jim and the kids called and said that they had a good time. Mira told me that her dad and the rest of them want to get some rest now. I saw Jim getting the RV. Hooked up now he is off to bed. He yelled at me and said see you tonight.
Harry and Edith Yeti did not come back with everyone. Harry wanted to stay and visit his little brother a few days. Joyce informed me that they will catch up with us later.
Sasquatch Doug was telling me one of the reasons they went back up to Round Top was to get some hunting in. Garrison told me that they got two deers. Garrison was excited because he got to help clean and cut up the deers. I didn't ask were they got the deers or how.
Emma and Joyce are cooking up something for dinner for the Clan. Iam going to have pork chops tonight. One thing I can say is that the girls cooking smell ready good. How ever, roadkill is not on my diet. But it smells good.
We are having a nice camp fire now. Sasquatch Doug is telling stories about the past. I did find out why they turn logs--root side up. The one thing that  surprised me was the story about why they shake campers and RVs at night. The shaking started back when the first settlers were traveling over the Oregan trail. As they were telling me about why they do it,  I started to understand why it is a good idea to shake your RV. This tells me how smart they are and how they look at things differently then we do. The shaking of the covered wagons and now RVs. and campers server the same purpose now as it do then. Sasquatch Doug tell some of the best old family stories. He wants the kids to know about the past. Big Foot Jim is into family history also. Emma wants to stay here for a least 2 or 3 days. Joyce  and Emma want their mom and dad to stay up at Round Top as long as they want. It is almost day light again and they are headed in. Kids are back from playing.  
Good night or good day.  
Thanks Teenie.  Your shirtless host Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment