Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Day 13 Big Foot from Texas

Sasquatch Doug just stopped by to tell me where we will be going next. I am very surprised and hope that the road will not be to bad. Jim said that there is a camp site up there where we are going.  We are planning on leaving in about 2 hrs. I was told that it will be a slow trip and the roads are pretty good. We are going to be meeting a Clan that moved there from Texas. Jim and Doug are going up to help them mark out a small territory that is being set up for them. The area of land belongs to the Elk Bend Clan and they are letting them use it until they get settled. I ask if I needed to be blind folded again. Doug started laughing and said  " How are you going to drive "
 We just left the camp and are headed to the town of Beaver, Or. This is a small town off Hwy. 101.  We will be heading east out of Beaver on Blain Rd. This will become the upper Nestucca river Rd. or Nat'L forest road 85. We are driving along the Nestucca river and the road is very windy and not very wide. It's going to be a slow trip Iam following Jim's Monaco Motor Home. As we follow the river, the road became the BIM 32.  I thought that we were there when I saw the sign the sign that said Elk Bend Recreation site and Cover Camp grounds. But we drove right past them. I have no idea where we are going to end up. But we are going higher and deeper into the wilderness. Make me wonder were in the heck are we going to end up. Just passed N.W. Boundary Rd. now on N.W. Nestucca.access Rd. and as we passed Bald Mt. Rd. we made a hard left turn up a road with No. # and no name that I could see. The turn was about a mile before McGuire Reservoir. We followed this road all the way to the end and it was a rough road.
I saw two old school buses and a newer Motor Home in the trees. I almost missed them in the thick Grove of trees. The woods are so thick and I didn't see any one around.
Doug came over and told me to park over by the pea green pond. He wanted me to stay hooked up just in case we have to leave in a hurry. Sasquatch Doug and Big Foot Jim along with the rest of the group took off and asked me to stay by the motor homes.
They will see me to night.
Shirtlesshost Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment