Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day 14 meeting the Texas Clan

Iam going to call this Clan  the Nestucca Texas Clan. The wild life here is outrageous! The large Elk alone is one of the best thing about this spot.  I see Coyotes, Cougars and Deer are everywhere. Iam going to meet the Texas Clan soon, I hope. In the mean time, Iam going to take a hike up to the peak.
      Garrison just came over to the 5th. Wheel and he is still limping on his right leg. I hope he gets better soon. He wants me to come to the camp fire down the trail. Emma and Joyce are waiting for me, so Iam going to walk down with them. What a site! I saw at least 6 of the Biggest Big Foot that I have seen so far, around the camp fire. They must all be a least 8'+ tell. The kids are all running up and down the trails. Emma and the rest of the ladies are in a group with their babies. Doug and Jim and the Texas Clan are getting ready to go out and mark their territory. We are all waiting for the Elk Bend Clan to show up. I ask Big Foot Jim if he was going to show me how they mark the boundary's. He said that they have been marking the corners of the territory the same for as long as he could remember. What they would do is pull a tree up by its roots and turn it up side down at each corner. They would do this by shaking a tree until it is loose then pull it out of the ground and turn it root side up. By digging a hole a hole and putting it, in root side up. That shows other Big Foot the boundaries.
        We did alot of walking tonight . The Elk Bend Clan helped by doing the west side and we did the east side. All of a sudden one of the Big Foot from Texas took off running. I ask what was going on. Doug informed me that he saw a Elk and was going to get it. I was very surprised to see him come back so soon with an Elk over his shoulder. We are almost all done with everything. As we started back to camp, the Clan got together to say goodnight ( or good day ). Doug said that we will all get together tomorrow night and have a party. I felt so out of place. The only one that Iam teller then is some of the kids. Back at the 5th. Wheel now and Iam so tired, It's almost day light now and I will sleep good today.
         See you later, your shirtless host Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment